National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS.org)
LawSyndrome.org · Donate
Source: Family Resource Associates
Family Resource Associates (FRA) is a New Jersey non-profit agency located in Shrewsbury, helping children, adolescents and people of all ages with disAbilities to reach their fullest potential. FRA connects individuals to independence through modern therapies and advanced technology. Acknowledging the powerful influence of the family, we remain committed to them by offering both support and education.
FRA assists individuals of all ages who have developmental delays or disAbilities as well as acquired disAbilities. FRA provides home-based early intervention for infants, therapeutic recreation programs and assistive technology services, along with family and sibling support groups.
Services for children, birth through teen years vary to meet the needs of the children and families. Our focus always remains central to the child, with inclusion of the family. All services are provided in the home and community throughout Monmouth and Ocean Counties by experienced, highly qualified professionals who have specialized in infant and pediatric development.
Teens are typically involved in school programs. FRA and TECHConnection services add other dimensions to assist the student’s learning, physical and social growth. Exciting technology services can help in school. Teens can join a class to learn new dances, stay busy and have fun on Saturday’s, and continue learning during the summer.
People wanting to learn and to remain involved with friends and activities join many of the FRA and TECHConnection programs. Take a new computer course or learn to dance. People over 21 years old with developmental and acquired disAbilities can participate in our many classes offered Monday through Thursday. All programs are taught by/with special educators.
New Jersey Down Syndrome Groups
- 21 Down / Down Syndrome Awareness Group
- (email) Central New Jersey Down Syndrome Parent Advocacy Group
- Down Syndrome Association of Central New Jersey
- Down Syndrome Congress of Northern New Jersey (East Hanover: Phone 973-386-9458)
- Down Syndrome Group of Northwest New Jersey
- Down Syndrome Support Group of Family Resource Associates
- KIIDS – Knowledge and Information about Individuals with Down Syndrome, Inc.
- (email) (email) Network 21 (Metuchen: Phone 732-634-3299, 732-549-8468)
- (email) Roxbury Parents For Exceptional Children (Succasana: Phone 973-598-0848)