St. Barnabas Medical Centers: Livingston NJ
9 Other Hospital Locations
Specialty Services · Health Resources · Employment
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey’s largest integrated health care delivery system, providing treatment and services to more than three million patients each year. Our dedicated physicians, nurses, and health professionals are committed to providing the highest quality of patient care and health education to the community and region.
Patients Treated: Over 3 million
Outpatient Visits: 2 million
Inpatients and Same Day Surgery Patients: 283,000
Emergency Department Patients: 700,000
Pediatric Patients: 200,000
Residents and Interns: 1000
The 19th Annual Health Care’s Most Wired® survey, including the list of Most Wired Hospitals, was released by the American Hospital Association’s (AHA) Health Forum. RWJBarnabas Health facilities named to the 2017 Most Wired list.
The 2017 Most Wired® survey and benchmarking study is a leading industry barometer measuring information technology (IT) use and adoption among hospitals nationwide. The survey of 680 participants, representing an estimated 2,146 hospitals—more than 34 percent of all hospitals in the U.S.—examines how organizations are leveraging IT to improve performance for value-based health care in the areas of infrastructure, business and administrative management; quality and safety; and clinical integration.
Some examples of IT Advancements at RWJBarnabas Health include:
- Further expansion of Clinical Decision Support for quality and patient safety including automated early warning systems for Sepsis, resulting in a reduction in Sepsis mortality in our health system.
- Improved adoption of clinical communication platforms with enhanced security, including secure text messaging and a more robust Health Information Exchange.
- Use of analytics gaining more capability to assist in promoting value-based care.
- Expanded use of Remote Patient Monitoring, enabling monitoring of discharged patients from the convenience and comfort of home.
- Addition of the ability for RWJBarnabas Health Connect users to schedule appointments from mobile app.
Significantly upgraded security to protect patient privacy.
- Using telehealth to fill gaps in care, provide services 24-7,and expand access to medical specialists.