Drive For Men’s Health 2018: North Jersey via NYC – June 4 · South Jersey via Philadelphia – June 5 · #Drive4Men · Donate · Men’s Health Network.org
The purpose of 2018 Drive for Men’s Health (D4MH) is to increase awareness of men’s health issues and to encourage men to make their health a priority. Throughout the country, men are encouraged to be more active, eat healthier, get better sleep, quit smoking, and decrease stress.
During the D4MH, which will pass through New Jersey on June 4 and 5, doctors Jamin Brahmbhatt and Sijo Parekattil of the Personalized Urology & Robotics Clinic in Florida turn their attention to the importance of how men feel about themselves. This year, they will focus on the ways in which men perceive their own health and wellness, and how to feel better inside and out. Body image and sexual health are topics that men in particular are uncomfortable discussing, but to do so is more important than ever:
- Men are 24% less likely to go to the doctor than women.
- 100,000 men live with chronic testicular pain each year.
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lives.
- 230,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year.
- Men are 2 times as likely to die from melanoma than women.
- Men can get breast cancer! There are roughly 2,000+ cases a year and 400 deaths!
- The average man’s life expectancy is almost 5 years less than a woman’s.
- 6 million men are diagnosed with depression each year. Millions more won’t talk about it.
- Men who sit 6+ hours a day have an 18% higher chance of dying from heart disease or diabetes.
- “Macho Man” culture means men are less likely to talk about physical and mental health.
The Drive for Men’s Health has reached millions of people with important messages surrounding men’s health issues – from the impact of fitness and nutrition to the importance of talking about health issues that have traditionally been perceived as taboo.
To go along with our recently redesigned website, the D4MH is also sporting some new wheels this year! Come check us out along the way as they embark in the brand new BMW i8!