Source: Haddonfield Sum
Testing will no longer be available on Mondays from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Camden County Complex located at 2600 Mt. Ephraim Avenue in Camden City. In addition, testing will also no longer be available on Thursdays at the same time at the Health Hub. Nevertheless, if demand does increase again like it did over the holidays the Department of Health will be ready to reinstate the operation of these sites.
COVID-19 testing is still available at:
– Cooper University Hospital, which is located the intersection of Broadway and Stevens Street in Camden, from 9:15 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. No appointment necessary.
– Cooper Specialty Care at Cherry Hill will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. This is by appointment only and you must be asymptomatic to be tested. You can schedule your COVID-19 test at Cooper by using our online scheduling tool at this link.
– CAMCare Health Corporation has three sites where its testing residents by appointment and accepting walkups- the schedule and appointments can be made online at Camcare.net/Covid-info. You can also call (856) 583-2400.
– CAMCare Gateway Health Center is hosting testing at 817 Federal Street, Camden, NJ 08103.
– CAMCare East is hosting testing at 2610 Federal Street, Camden, NJ 08105.
– CAMCare Clementon is hosting testing at 121 White Horse Pike, Clementon, NJ 08021.
In addition, the state Department of Health is also offering a mail-in option. They have partnered with the same test provider, Vault Medical Services, to distribute free, at home COVID-19 tests by mail to all residents who need them.
You can order a test by going to learn.vaulthealth.com/nj. The kits are shipped through UPS with next-day delivery. Once you receive it, you will hold a Zoom call with a Vault health care professional to guide you through the test and answer your questions. You then send the test back in pre-paid packaging through UPS’ next-day delivery and you must drop off the package at a UPS site or dropbox. Results should be back to you within 24 to 48 hours.
Also, the federal government is providing free rapid tests for every home in the nation. You can get them by going to CovidTests.gov. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order four free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free and will usually ship in 7-12 days.
The hours of operation for the Camden County Complex vaccine clinic will continue running from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursdays.