Source: NJ Primary Care Association
National Health Center Week is an annual celebration with the goal of raising awareness about the mission and accomplishments of America’s health centers over the past five decades.
This year, the National Association of Community Health Centers (NHCW) and the Health Center Advocacy Network invites you to celebrate the incredible health care heroes who live and breathe the health center mission and exceed the call of duty to support health centers in providing quality health care for patients in the community. A host of NHCW events are scheduled across the country.
In New Jersey, Community Health Centers are the major providers of comprehensive primary health care. They are often referred to as federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), and are funded and qualified by the United States Public Health Service.
At twenty-gour Community Health Centers and 134 satellite sites in communities across New Jersey, they continue to provide much needed care to the most impoverished citizens in the state. Although the services of each Community Health Center vary in size and composition, each Center is tailored to the needs of their communities and neighborhoods.
All FQHCs are staffed with qualified Board-certified or Board-eligible physicians representing a broad array of medical specialties and are subject to stringent Federal regulations in all operational areas. Approximately 1,700,000 patient visits are made annually to New Jersey’s FQHCs by almost 484,000 users. They feature:
– Locations in underserved neighborhoods; mobile clinics/services for rural areas
– Clinic hours that include nights and weekends
– Multilingual staff
– Commitment to offering a wide array of medical and supportive services
– Provision of care at substantially lower costs (sliding fee scales)
– Physician admitting privileges in local hospitals for 24-hour care
– Programs based on the “life-cycle” concept: emphasis on quality maternal health and prenatal through geriatric care
Click below for more info/directory:
New Jersey Community/Federally Qualified Health Centers